Diggin' the digital crates for the best in funk, soul, jazz, soundtrack, and rare groove.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I suppose a quick introduction is as good a place as any to begin this thing. First off, my name is Josh. Music has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. My musical tastes started to truly take form when I started DJing in college at the University of Georgia's student run radio station, 90.5FM WUOG. When you are bombarded with that much music that you are not accustomed to, things start to creep their way into your head and get stuck there. I was like a sponge absorbing every little bit of music I could get my hands and ears on. The rest is history.

Through the years, music has remained a strong passion of mine. Every job I've tried to keep has, in some way, related to music. I've had other jobs in the past that had nothing to do with music, and I ended up hating each and every one. The only jobs I've ever enjoyed had to do with music, so I've made it my goal to keep it that way.

Currently, I work at a record store named Ella Guru. I won't lie to you, I don't make tons of money. A majority of the time I barely manage to scrape by. But I'm happy, and that's all that really matters. I truly love my job, and that is something not everyone can say.

Because I don't make much money, it's led me to find other means to satisfy my music habit. A large part of my CD needs is covered by stuff that comes through the store, but that's not always enough for me. What I'm trying to say is that I've turned to the dark side. At least that's what the folks in the suits want you to think. I'm talking about downloading. I've been doing it for years now, even back when it was still legal. It's evolved so much nowadays. In a lot of ways it's not as easy as it was, but in other ways it's even easier. You just have to know where to look. Just like buying drugs, you've got to have a good reliable hook-up. Anyone who knows me views me as the guy who can find just about anything. If it's out there then I can find it.

That's where this blog comes into play. I want to share this collection I have amassed over the years. I want others to be turned on to the same music that I've taken for granted. If I can do that one simple thing, then I will have succeeded. That is my goal, so let us all sit back and enjoy the ride...

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Scurvy said...

thanks for the rocking spam! i appreciate it.

12:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home